Sept 10 Asia Meetup
Date: Thursday, September 10
Time: Deli(India) 14:00 / Taipei-KualaLumpur 16:00 / Tokyo 17:00
Who: Facilitated by Lulu
Where: The Meetjitsi link will be shared in the following rooms on the IFF Mattermost one or two hours before the start of the meeting: Southeast Asia, Central Asia and East Asia.
- Don't have an account to the IFF Mattermost? you can request one following the directions here.
Who was here? People from 8 countries!! From South Asia, Southeast Asia, part of East Asia, and Asia friends in EU and NA.
Participants are working on:
- AI/Smart Phone (dating APP)
- Digital ID
- Digital security
- Protest supporting
The resources shared by participants? How to get cybersecurity certification by the test? check this >> https://www.comptia.org/certifications/security
What needs were mentioned?
- Funding (not be discused this time)
- Grant writing and project management (not be discused this time)
- How to improve young people's awarness in cybersecurity and digital activities (main conversation)
- No matter in Hong Kong or Thailand, we can see more and more high school students join the movements and become the game changer. However, those young protesters may not be able to easily access or understand the materials and guidelines which were created for adult activists or NGO workers, and there were ideas generated:
- basic security, security 101 those simple guideline may be helpful.
- Students use social media for movements and personal life a lot, they should be cafeful if they provide too much information all together. It may be an important topic to develop the guidline.
- Many schools around the world experineces remote teaching this year. Hence, more and more security kit for kids may be generated already.
- In several researches, there was a lot of feedback indicating that young people especially aren’t practising digital security, it’s definitely a cross-cutting challenge.
- Tibetan groups has some funny videos to demostrate the important of cybersecurity: https://tibetaction.net/digitalsecurity/ ; https://tibetaction.net/