From IFF Wiki
Alphabetical Listing of All 2017 Internet Freedom Festival (IFF) Sessions, across all Themes.
This listing will continue to grow as session pages are created, please continue to check back here for updates!
Pages in category "Theme"
The following 167 pages are in this category, out of 167 total.
- A new challenge to Freedom of Expression: online sexual & gender-based violence against women journalists
- Accesibilidad y Usabilidad en sitios Web
- Activismo analógico y digital para comunidades indígenas
- African women and the Internet: Re-defining 'African Sexuality' and freedom of expression in the African Internet
- Analyzing the Causes & Impacts of Internet Shutdowns
- Autocrypt: Email Encryption for Everyone
- Aviary: Distributed, Tamper-Proof, Per-User Warrant Canaries
- Bitmask: encrypted email for mere mortals
- Blockchain ISOC SIG meetup
- Bodies and algorithms: a global feminist approach to period trackers
- Bookkeeping for activist projects
- Bridging the localization gap: digital security tools for everyone
- Build Usable Tools (2017)
- Building collective power to counter violence and censorship against feminist and women groups on the Internet
- Building Community Resources for Censorship Measurement Research
- Building the Internet Policy Research Community: Bridging Divides and Fostering Collaboration for Impact
- Bursting the EU bubble: What you can do to save the link!
- Campaigning for privacy: sharing experiences, failures and victories
- Case study: Understanding internet censorship in Africa’s repressive environments through the deployment of OONI software probes and Citizen Lab mixed research methods.
- Celebrating Gender Campaigns in MENA
- Celebrating Gender Campaigns in the Global South
- Chatbots for journalists and news media
- Ciberfeminismo y autodefensa digital en tiempos de vigilancia, aprendizajes desde América Latina
- Collaborative security: From Training to Empowerment
- Collaborative Sketching for Secure & Usable Apps
- Coming Back to Tech
- Communications campaigns and storytelling for freedom of speech and digital rights advocacy
- Community ISPs: building alternative networks
- Community-led Organizational Security Assessment Process
- Conflicting signals. What direction Ukraine, Russia and Belarus will choose dealing with Internet Freedom?
- Consent experience design workshop
- Construyendo comunidad para talleristas de seguridad digital en america latina - pasos concretos
- Consumer rights for Internet freedom! Mapping and checking the world's telcos and internet providers
- Contextualizing censorship measurements in Venezuela
- Conversations on Research Needs for Digital Rights Advocacy and Impact
- Creating a pedagogy of empowerment
- Creating Approaches to Rapid Response - Where are we now?
- Creating Apps for Political Expression
- Data Exploration Hackathon: Visualizing the Relationship between Rule of Law and Digital Rights in MENA and Beyond
- Data Protection law and is different manifestations
- DDoS self-defense - community resilience to a growing censorship threat
- Defensores del Voto: Estrategias digitales para la democracia y la participación electoral en Venezuela
- Developing a censorship-resistant app store
- Developing and Sustaining Community/Network Sustained Resources
- Developing for Good UX
- Digestable Risk Assessment: creating a security booklet to encourage secure thoughts, not just security tools
- Digital Attacks Against Human Rights Defenders and Journalists in the Middle East and North Africa Region
- Digital Security for Journalists: Needs in the Field
- Digital Security for women human rights defenders (WHRD) as part of holistic and feminist practice in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC)
- Digital security guides for the Latin American society
- Digital Security Workshop for Journalists (Spanish)
- Digital Strategy: World beyond Facebook
- Documentation Workflows for Digital Security Education and Rapid Response
- Economic Cultural and Social rights & the internet: the battle in the struggle for human rights
- Enabling free speech online by legal defence: the need for skilled lawyers to secure the free flow of information online
- Entre la espada y la balanza: el incumplimiento de estándares internacionales sobre el derecho a la privacidad en América Latina
- Essentials of building internet tools for inclusion
- Everything you ever wanted to know about tooling!
- Everything you ever wanted to know about what international human rights law is and how it can help fight surveillance, but were afraid to ask
- Explaining technical concepts in non-technical ways
- Expressing yourself online: legal threats, and ways to defend against them
- Facebook Tunnel: a tale of restricted Internet access
- Fighting the Chilling Effects of Surveillance in Protests: Strategies and Tactics for uncovering IMSI catchers, and how to stop them.
- Filterwatch: Internet Freedom in Iran
- FOSS or FOSSIL: How can we ensure the sustainability of open source products?
- Free Media in Unfree Societies
- From Ad Hoc to Prepared - Developing an Anti Online Harassment Infrastructure
- FTX (Feminist Tech Exchange): Safety Reboot
- Funder Help Desk
- Gender deanonymization through machine learning - risks and implications.
- Gender Issues and Connecting the next billion
- Getting gender inclusive from the ground to the cloud
- Grassroots gender activism in underprivileged areas: building education and awareness and fostering actions
- Growing Up and Aware: What We Can Learn about Digital Safety from Youth in Jordan/Lebanon/Palestine
- Hacking User Centred Design for Social Change
- Hakuna Metadata
- Holistic Security: Practical Experiences and Reflections
- How activists, western media, and USBs and SD cards are revolutionizing North Korean society.
- How do we measure the health of the Internet?
- How to work with a graphic designer: a guide for activists and civil society organizations
- How YNEXT strives to preventing an Internet blackout in times of war
- Human Rights Technology for Challenging Environments
- Imagine, Create, Be. Gender and Technologies Workshop.
- Improving Circumvention Tool Usability Through Outreach
- Internet as a gateaway for censorship: a glimpse of Venezuela´s situation
- Internet Freedom in Africa: Navigating the challenges
- Internet policymaking for civil society in ICANN
- Introducing the Emergency Response Team at the Committee to Protect Journalists
- Investigating and defending against Malware Operations
- Investigating internet controls with OONI
- It’s not just Activism: Art and Humour in Creative Strategies for Hard Times: (a Hands-On Workshop)
- Making Global Voices Safer: Security, Risk and Reputation in a Decentralized Newsroom
- Malware Analysis, Censorship Measurment in Iran, Big Data Visualization
- Mapping challenges in developing human rights documentation workflows
- Mapping political innovation in Latin America
- MENAleaks, bringing anonymous whistleblowing to the MENA region
- My data my choice my way
- Online platforms as key players in political debate: power without responsibility?
- Online risk & security for LGBTI activists in Russia
- Open Data in Closed Societies: Opportunities and Challenges
- Organizational Security: Long-term engagements Do’s and Don’ts
- Our Data Bodies: From Paranoia to Power
- Outcome Mapping Organisational Security
- Panic button apps & the thin line between online & offline security for journalists and HR defenders
- Planificando talleres de Seguridad Digital en entornos de riesgos para América Latina: retos, contextos y metodologías para compartir.
- Playing cat and mouse with Deep Packet Inspection
- Post-televisión y medios libres en la Ciudad Monstruo
- Post-Truth Censorship: New Techniques for Realtime Shutdown Detection
- Practical and Actionable Threat Intelligence Collection
- Practical implementations of human rights respecting cybersecurity policy
- Pretty Good Graphics
- Promoting the African Declaration on Internet Rights and Freedoms
- Protecting Dissent: A conversation on tactics, best practices and challenges for online and offline safety during protests
- Prototyping Qubes trainings: Explore an OS that will map to your digital life(s)
- Public Interest Data Science
- Rapid Response in LatinAmerica - Who you gonna call!?
- Rapid Response to Targeted Threats: Iran Case Study
- Refugees in Transit
- Regional solutions to local issues
- Registering and analyzing threats to digital security
- Research on security digital perspective of journalist in Indonesia and Philippines
- Researching and resisting information controls from a distance: challenges and opportunities
- Revolutionary transparency in Ukrainian public procurement - how civil activist managed to create best e-procurement system in the world
- Rights and access at risk in Azerbaijan
- Safeguarding media in Afghanistan – The history of the Afghan Journalist Safety Committee
- Secure communication and information management in rural areas
- Secure Storage and File-Sharing for Freedom Fighters
- Self Organized Template
- Side Dish Regulation: Catching up with Regulation of Internet outside the mainstream
- Social Media & At-Risk Groups
- SpeakUp: Digital activism against corruption in the Arab World
- State of Surveillance: Mexico
- Strategic Litigation to protect Digital Human Rights
- Super! Quick! User Research Skillz! for! Digital! Security! Trainers!
- Taking Matters into Our Hands: Addressing Online Harassment
- Taking MENA Holistic Privacy Practice and Digital Security Research to Next Level
- Teaching Machines to Learn Better: Mitigating Discrimination, Fostering Principled Governance and Communicating Expectations of Emerging AI
- Tell it to the World! Podcasting and Storytelling for Activists
- The (Private) Public Sphere: Social Media Content Moderation and the Public Interest
- The Case for Digital Rights: Strategies for increasing Private Sector accountability and transparency
- The Future of Internet Freedom In Sub-Saharan Africa
- The Global South Mixer Party
- The identity we can't change: a new wave of biometric policies around the world
- The marginalized people of India unite against Hindu Fascist Surveillance
- The State of Network Filtering Around the World
- Threats to encryption and the challenges for civil society. A comparative analysis between Europe and Latin America
- Turkey and Azerbaijan: One Nation, One Crackdown
- Walking the Talk: Holistic Security
- What Should I Be Worried About?: Explaining information privacy and security concerns to students, researchers, and university faculty
- Who are your users and how do you know what they need?
- Whose History? Democratizing Narrative Agency and Securing Self Expression
- Workshopping the KeepitOn Advocacy Toolkit: enhancing ways for stakeholders to fight shutdowns around the world